Get Inspired with Bathroom Painting Ideas
Bathrooms offer personal space and privacy while providing a practical function. They are one of the most visited rooms in your home by you and your guests. It's always a great time to ponder what bathroom color scheme will help you unwind or recharge.
First, a few tips for choosing bathroom colors:
- The color you put on the wall will be reflected on your skin. Stay away from bright white, yellows, and pinks.
- Good lighting is very important in any bathroom.
- When using darker colors, balance and contrast with lighter accent colors and accessories so the room doesn't feel overly confined.
- Semi-gloss is the best paint sheen for bathrooms due to high moisture and the need for frequent cleaning.
Bathroom Painting Color Combinations
Relaxing Blue and Greens
Highlighted with white accents and wood tones, blue and green bathroom painting color schemes create a pleasing aquatic or spa-like atmosphere.
- Sherwin Williams: Consider Aqua-Sphere, Blue Cruise, Turkish Tile, Indigo (SW 6531 pictured center below), Loyal Blue, or Waterscape.
- Ben Moore: Check out Lavender Mist, Blue Danube, Breath of Fresh Air, Palladian Blue, and Sapphireberry.
- Behr: Try Frosted Jane, Venus Teal, Clear Pond, Tealish, Jojoba Sage, and Vintage Velvet as great choices.
Comfortable Utilitarian Grays
Dark grays and charcoals, matched with off-whites or lighter grays, are a good choice for functional, high-use bathrooms. They can also be formal, sophisticated, or conservative.
Bathroom Painting with a Burst of Color
Terracotta and Deep Purple
Bright and bold aren't the usual colors you expect to see in a bathroom, but you can pull them off with class and style. Below, we have Sherwin Williams 2019 Color of the Year - Cavern Clay in the center. Behr features what they call Majestic Blue with a Beach Foam accent on the left.
Red and Yellow
Paint the bathroom red only with bright ambient lighting that seeps into every dark corner. Bright white and/or black can get you jazzed for work in the morning. If you don't want white, try a shiny silver for an elegant look that opens up the room.
Most people avoid yellow bathrooms these days. It can alter light and is not always flattering. Choose a darker yellow like Benjamin Moore’s Dorset Gold or a warm off-yellow such as Behr's Cream Puff with Polar Bear accents (pictured below).
Black, White, and Neutral
Yes, you can paint your bathroom black! The lighting and accessories make all the difference. An abundance of natural light and white accents is stunning. The color black represents strength, seriousness, power, mystery, elegance, and authority.
White is a classic choice for a reason. It is clean, fresh, and bright. Light and brightly colored walls are more reflective, making any space feel open and airy. But if it's too bright, it can wash out your skin tone. Install plenty of lighting or opt for an off-white paint color. Creamy whites and soft grays are safe choices.
Mixing neutrals, like beige, tan, or taupe, with white or black brings a vintage look to your bathroom. Neutrals are warm and cozy, and the perfect backdrop for adding nearly any accent color you like.
Give Your Home an Interior Painting Makeover
|Interior Painting||Additional Services|
|Bedrooms and Nurseries||Concrete stain/epoxy floors|
|Kitchens and dining rooms||Kitchen cabinet painting|
|Garage interiors||High-ceiling foyers and staircases|
|Home offices||Popcorn ceiling removal|
|Living rooms and family rooms||Wallpaper removal|
SCHEDULE A FREE ESTIMATE