Restore Your Deck’s Natural Beauty
Is your deck looking a little rough around the edges? A new coat of stain and sealant can increase your curb appeal, your home’s value, and restore it to a beautiful outdoor entertaining space.
Deck maintenance can be a labor-intensive job for the average homeowner, so why not leave it to the professionals at ProTEK Painters? We’ll have it looking like new fast, and it’ll stay that way for a long time.
Protect Your Investment
Deck sealing and staining is an important part of the maintenance of your home. This attention not only improves appearance, but it will make it more durable as well.
The products we use are UV, water, and mildew resistant. They will also help to protect your deck from splitting, warping, fading, and cracking. Keeping it in good condition protects your investment and helps you avoid expensive repairs.
Based on statistics from a study by the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission), 224,000 people were injured nationally due to a deck or porch over the study’s five-year period.
Most injuries are preventable with proper inspection and maintenance. The obvious signs of wood decay and deterioration should be taken seriously. Here are some common maintenance concerns to watch for:
- Mold and Mildew: Caused by moisture and infrequent cleaning, it can be very slippery. Not only is it dangerous for you, your family, and your guests, but it is a sign of other problems caused by neglect, like rotting and splintering.
- Splintering: Caused by weather cycles, splintering isn’t often caught until there’s major damage to your deck like peeling, cracked, or splitting wood. It can also cause painful injuries.
- Moisture Swells: Caused by a lack of or improper waterproofing and sealing, moisture that seeps into the wood leads to expensive water damage. Safety concerns include warping or popping (a tripping hazard), rusted nails, fasteners, or connectors, and rotting wood that can cause collapse.
Other Exterior Painting Services by ProTEK
Decks are an add-on to our exterior painting services. Other exterior accompanying services include:
- Light Carpentry
- Pressure Washing
- Shed Painting
- Detached Garage Staining
- Porch Painting
- Gazebo, Pergola, Pavilion and Other Outbuilding Painting or Staining
- Fence Painting or Staining
While working on the painting project, our exterior painters thoroughly inspects your home's condition. We'll inform you promptly if we identify any issues such as moisture problems, wood rot, mold and mildew, insect infestations, energy loss, or other potential concerns that might be causing damage. This will enable you to take the necessary steps and engage the right professionals to address these problems effectively.
Our Deck Maintenance Process
There’s nothing quite like a deck for spending time outdoors – grilling, entertaining friends and family, or just relaxing. You’ll want a good looking, safe, and functional space.
ProTEK Painters begins your deck maintenance with professional pressure washing.
Next, we will perform an inspection and make needed repairs.
Last, we’ll apply the stain of your choice in one or more coats, followed by the sealant that will lock in protection so your deck will stand up to the wear and tear of both the weather and foot traffic.
We’re happy to help you choose a stain that matches your home’s aesthetic and best protects it against the New England climate.
Deck Staining Service Area
Find ProTEK Painters near Arlington, Auburndale, Belmont, Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Chestnut Hill, Jamaica Plain, Lexington, Needham, Newton Centre, Newton Corner, Newton Highlands, Newton Lower Falls, Newton Upper Falls, Newtonville, Newton, Roslindale, Somerville, Waban, Waltham, Watertown, Wellesley, West Newton, West Roxbury, Weston, and Winchester.