Freshen and Brighten Your Room with Popcorn Ceiling Removal
You've made a smart decision to update the texture of your ceilings. Because they are dated and hard to maintain, popcorn ceilings may actually lower the value of your home.
Prompt, Professional, Tidy!
We were looking for someone to remove popcorn ceilings as it made our home look dated. After speaking with several other painters and contractors, I found ProTEK. We liked how John detailed the job and stated he and his team have experience in removing popcorn ceilings. We finally settled on a date and the workers were prompt every day, they were professional and cleaned up thoroughly. We love how the completed ceilings look.
We still have a few more ceilings to complete and can't wait to have John and his team back to finish our house. We would highly recommend using ProTEK.
Once Very Popular Ceilings
Popcorn ceilings, also known as acoustic, textured, stipple or cottage cheese ceilings, were popular in homes built as far back as the late 1930s. Builders liked that these ceilings were inexpensive, easily applied, and provided good cover for small imperfections such as cracks and nail holes. In its day, homeowners liked that it gave a warm, cozy feel to a room, as well as appreciating its sound-muffling qualities.
Now Fallen Out of Favor
But decades later, numerous drawbacks make popcorn ceiling texture less desirable.
- Spider webs, dust, and dirt get trapped in the rough texture, making them hard to clean and even repaint.
- They trap light, making a room appear smaller and darker.
- Moisture and cleaning loosen the plaster causing it to crack and fall down.
- They are difficult to repair. Patching is a lengthy, tedious process and still may not match the existing texture once the repair is complete.
- Ceilings installed prior to 1978 could have been made with asbestos-containing materials.
Popcorn ceiling removal by ProTEK is a valuable add-on to any new home improvement projects like living room, home office, or bedroom painting. ProTEK technicians are trained to safely get rid of textured acoustic ceilings in Massachusetts.
Popcorn Ceiling Removal Process
How do we transform a popcorn ceiling into a fresh, smooth surface?
- First, we moisten the ceiling and gently scrape the plaster following EPA guidelines.
- Second, we patch and repair the drywall. Once dry, we will sand the surface and prime.
- If you desire a smooth ceiling, another round of refined patching and repair is necessary.
- Now your ceiling is ready for an interior finish coat of paint.
Rely on ProTEK Painters for a Great Contractor Experience
- Licensed, insured and EPA lead certified to remove asbestos.
- Owner John Guarino supervises every job site.
- Full-time Foreman manages the job onsite 100%.
- We guarantee our work!
- Literally hundreds of customer reviews
For a free estimate, call 617-977-6835 or schedule your appointment online.
SCHEDULE A FREE ESTIMATE
Popcorn Ceiling Removal and Interior Painting Service Area
Find ProTEK Painters near Arlington, Auburndale, Belmont, Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Chestnut Hill, Jamaica Plain, Lexington, Needham, Newton Centre, Newton Corner, Newton Highlands, Newton Lower Falls, Newton Upper Falls, Newtonville, Newton, Roslindale, Somerville, Waban, Waltham, Watertown, Wellesley, West Newton, West Roxbury, Weston, and Winchester.